Monday, September 1, 2008

Fine way to start out...

Here you can see that when the handlebars are lined up to 9:00 and 3:00 the front wheel is pointed towards 1:00 which means the forks are either bent or popped out of place.


This is what the handlebars look like when the front wheel is pointed straight ahead...


Right side engine case got pretty scraped up but no oil leaking from it so the integrity of the engine (for the time being) looks relatively ok.


Lots of scrapes and rash to the upper fairing and a crack right below the headlight


More of the crack and damage to the front cowl. Amazingly, no headlight damage at all!


So-called frame sliders completely shattered and all that's left is the mounting bolts on both sides.


The right side of the bike, you can see this side lost the frame slider as well. Snapped the metal right in half.


Surprisingly this side took a different type of damage than the left. The right side still took rash to the fairings and the engine case, but it also lost it's mirror and the front brake lever. I assume that the bike went down on the left side but at some point the bike spun and landed on the front/right side.


Left clip-on and handlebar is shot, all the buttons and controls work luckily.


The can took a hit but there was rash and a dent there from the previous owner's slide so I'm not too concerned about that. No holes were found and the exhaust sounded pretty good so not too worried about the muffler.


Here you can see that I pretty much landed on my chest, stomach and elbows. The jacket got trashed, though. Both pockets have holes, scrapes to the arms and rivets on the inside that tighten the sleeves all snapped off.


My poor helmet... The shield is replaceable but the helmet is scarred. About 3 inches wide by about 1.5 inches tall. If I had no helmet last night I'd have no jaw this afternoon.


I must have rolled at some point because the right side of my helmet is gashed but the left side of my body and bike took the most damage. Gloves came out perfect, just a few seams torn in the right hand. Shoes got mangled as evidenced in the picture below this one.



Significant rash to my knees. Could have been a lot worse.
(Before)


(After)


I got hit by one of these fuckers.

No comments: