Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 4, the waiting begins

Knees hurt, pretty wet today but the right one is healing pretty darn fast. The left one is a mess... and a nice painful knot has formed on my elbow with a nice purple/blue/brown bruise.



So my helmet will be replaced but not my jacket and gloves. It's better than nothing I guess... The insurance adjustor visited the bike yesterday and left, asking my mechanic no questions at all. I was told that was a good thing. The esitimate of damage was $7,640 so there wasn't much to ask. Now is a waiting game to get the check in the mail and I'm shopping for a new bike. Ebay, craigslist, cycletrader, even bike forums. Closest I've seen is an 05 R6 "Raven" (black on black with minor red accents) for about what the check insurance will be. I can find a good deal, I don't need to buy tomorrow... but I still want to...

The Raven:


At least I got my new jacket today that I ordered 3 days before I was clipped!


*the more I look at this pic the less I like it. It's a perfect fitting jacket but I pulled it up a tad at the waist to put my hands in my pockets, hence giving me quite a... "rotund" look in the thoraxial area. Put blundtly... I'm not as fat as this pic makes me look.

No comments: