Thursday, September 18, 2008

Almost healed

Day 18:

So I'm almost back to normal. knee still has a small scab from the wreck, but all in all I've had a faster recovery than I thought.



On the bike front... NYS DMV still hasn't sent out my friggin title yet... and no title = no check. Supposedly it should be done today or tomorrow at latest, which means it won't get sent out until monday and I won't receive it until Wednesday.

Because of this I have lost yet another great bike for a great price. A 2004 R6 Raven with 3993 miles on it for $4,300. I asked for one more day to confirm the sale, I texted him at 11pm that night and when I call the next day he says, "Bike's gone. Didn't hear from you, and I didn't call to inform you there was another bidder cause I didn't want to impose".

Friggin moron.

So now back to the drawing board. A few are still out there before the end of the riding season such as:

A 2005 blue R6 for $4,800 with 8200 miles and lots of mechanical add-ons.


Another Raven (this one a 2003) bone stock with nothing on it except 15k miles for $4,300.


Also available is a 2006 orange and black Honda CBR 600RR with 7600 miles for $5,000 which is still under Honda warranty until 2012.


Each has their own benefit really. The black one is cheapest but has nothing on it and has a lot of miles and could use some work on the brakes and the body. The blue one is a little bit more but has lower mileage and all the mechanical upgrades I'd want to put on the bike already installed. The last one is newer, less mileage, maybe more reliable and the warranty is still in effect for 3 more years. Hard to decide when there is only a $700 difference between all three...

I'm leaning towards the blue one only because it's mid level price range and all the stuff already installed on it. But that's today, who knows what tomorrow may bring.

No comments: